RELEASE DATE: 2018-01-31
RUNNING TIME: 1h52min
DIRECTOR: ZIAD DOUEIRI
In today’s Beirut, an insult blown out of proportions finds Toni, a Lebanese Christian, and Yasser, a Palestinian refugee, in court. From secret wounds to traumatic revelations, the media circus surrounding the case puts Lebanon through a social explosion, forcing Toni and Yasser to reconsider their lives and prejudices.
A story that is neither white nor black, in which it is impossible to say here are the good ones, here are the bad guys.
FILMOGRAPHY ZIAD DOUEIRI
2017 THE INSULT
Produced by Ezekiel Film Production, Tessalit Productions, Rouge International,
Cohen Media Group,
Scope Pictures - International Sales: Indie Sales – French Distributor: Diaphana
2017 BARON NOIR – Season 2
for Canal+, produced by Kwai Films, producers: Thomas Bourguignon.
2016 BARON NOIR – Season 1
Directed 8 episodes for Canal+, produced by KWAI FILMS,
producers: Thomas Bourguignon with Kad Merad and Niels Arestrup
2012 THE ATTACK
Produced by 3B Productions, Scope Pictures, Canal+
International Sales: Wild Bunch - US Distributor: Cohen Media Group
• Toronto Film Festival 2012 - Official Competition Special Presentation.
• 60e Festival Internacional de cine de San Sebastián 2012 - Special Jury Prize.
• Tve Another Look Award: Special Jury Prize.
• Telluride Film Festival 2012.
• Marrakech International Film Festival 2012 - Best Film (Golden Star).
• The Istanbul International Film Festival 2013 - Cineuropa.Org Award.
• Colcoa Film Festival 2013 - Audience Award, Coming Soon Award, Critics Award.
￼￼￼￼2005 SLEEPER’S CELL
TV Show for SHOWTIME USA. Produced by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris
2004 LILA SAYS
Produced by 81/2 Productions, UK Film Council, France 2 Cinema,
Flash Pyramide International, Canal+ - Theatrical release: January 25th 2005 FESTIVALS:
Sundance Film Festival, Toronto Film Festival, Ottawa International Film Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, Miami Film Festival, Mons International Love Film Festival - Audience Award.
1998 WEST BEYROUTH
Produced by 3B Productions and La Sept ARTE Unité Fiction.
Theatrical release: December the 16th 1998
• Festival De Cannes 1998 - Director’s Fortnight - François Chalais Award, ArabCriticsPrize • 4th Arabic Cinema In Paris - Grand Prize.
• Toronto Film Festival1998 - International Critics Award • Taipei Film Festival 1998 - Jury Grand Prize, Carthage. • Film Festival 1998 - Best First Film Coe Award.
• Brussel Film Festival 1998 - Public Award.
• Valladolid International Film Festival1998 - Youth Award.
• New York Film Festival 1999 New Directors/ New Films Selection.
• Fribourg International Film Festival 1999 - Best Script.
• The Narrowsburg International Independent Film Festival 1999 - Best Feature Film
• Golden Globes 1999 Official Lebanese Entry
• Oscars 1999 Official Lebanese Entry.
And Festivals of Beirut, Goteborg, Rotterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington, Institut Franco-japonais de Tokyo, Berlin, Varsovie, View into the World, Tetouan, Sao Paulo, Helsinki, Rialto, Seventh Heaven Film Fest, Haifa...